Friday, November 8, 2013

PACKING HOW-TO PART 1

PACKING PART 1: 
Make ListsMake ListsMake ListsMake ListsMake ListsMake ListsMake ListsMake Lists!! I can not stress the importance of making lists when packing! I have copies of the ones that I am going to be using (I might end up adding/taking things away when I actually pack, but I'll note that in the blog! :)

We are flying Southwest so we get 2 checked baggage per person, one carry-on per person, and one "personal" item. So we clearly don't need THAT much, but yes, we do need a lot lol! I plan to bring (again, this may change)

2 Luggage Bags- One for my junk & One for the kids

3 Carry On's - One for Peyton, One for Bentley (diaper bag), and One for me

1 Purse- ...duh!

1 "princess" backpack- for Peyton's toys and anything that will entertain her!

ADDITIONAL: We will be bringing Both kids car seats & the stroller- I'll be checking Bentley's car seat (6 months old) - he'll be on my lap and Peyton will be using her car seat during the flight. The stroller will be checked at the gate. I bought a car seat & a stroller gate check bag off of Amazon.com the cheapest I found are linked here. Gate Check for Stroller  Gate Check for Car Seat

STEP 1- Lay all the crap out on a big table



STEP 2- Put all the bags out (EMPTY) and take inventory of which bags you have/need- I chose to lay each bag out on a chair and put all the crap on the table


STEP 3- Cut off all the old airport tags

STEP 4- Get all those luggage tags out and start putting your info on them! - I just put the info in my Dymo, and printed out labels (yes, lazy I know)

STEP 5: Get out the lists and start packing- make sure that you're writing on the lists so that you can edit them and have a solid inventory, when you leave for your trip, of what you will have.


FIRST LUGGAGE BAG: (Bag for the kids)- I broke the lists down, one for each kid, so that I could make sure that I didn't forget anything!


That is all for this post! Tomorrow and Sunday I will post the rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com