Friday, March 6, 2015

PINTEREST!

So does anyone else have the problem where they literally pin EVERYTHING that looks good, yet do approximately 0.00000000000001% of their pins? Me too!! So in an effort to actually start doing some of them, I have decided to put together "bucket lists" for each month and get those pins done in those months!  Check out my March Bucket List! As I do each item I will blog about how it went and post photos!

HERE IS MY MARCH BUCKET LIST:



  • HOUSEHOLD
    • All About Me Worksheet- I plan to fill this out with each of the kids, then stick it to some colored paper for backing, then put it in a picture frame and hang them in the playroom! It will be cute and meaningful art! I plan to do one for each year (right around their birthdays).  
    • Lint Bin- While this bin is genious, crafty, and beautiful,at the current moment, I'd rather not spend $12 on it. Instead, I will take the idea, create the same type of thing, only using a cereal box as Sonnet does in her blog found here!. She not only makes it look great, she also adds magnets! I can attach it right to my dryer! 
    • Lint Fire Starters- Next with the lint I have collected above in my new lint bin, I will start making fire starters! We make fires all the time in the summer and why not make the whole process that much easier? All it takes is the lint, a toilet paper tube, and some newspaper- what a great way to recycle!   
    • Easy Change Photo Display- this is such a great idea!! I love how she puts those inspirational quotes up on the wall! I will do the same as she did and then hang it in my bedroom right by my door! I'd like to find a ton of quotes to print out, then simply just hang three at a time and rotate!  Here are some of the quotes I'll print out first!
    • Command Center- This is a MUST! Now that I am (more ish) settled in the new house, I am in desperate need of a centralized organization center.  The key elements that I will need in it are:
      • Monthly Calendar
      • Weekly Calendar
      • In-Box
      • Out-Box
      • Pen & Marker Holder
      • Cork Board
      • Mail Box
      • To Buy List
      • To Do List
      • Dinner Menu List
      • Kids Chore Chart
    • DIY Fridge Mats- Instead of following what this blogger did, I am going to purchase placemats from the dollar store and use those- I prefer the idea that I can easily move them if I want, and still throw them into the dishwasher when needed! 
    • Stone Mats- When we moved into the new house, they left us boot mats which are an awful green, however they are useful. I plan to make them over by making them stone filled! If I find cheap nice stones at the store that aren't expensive, I'll just get them. If not, I can always drive up to the cottage and grab a ton off the beach!
    • Silhouette Princess Pictures in Frames- I need a few more small things for my daughter's bedroom walls and this is perfect!! 
    • Kids Labels for Dresser and Playroom- I am in desperate need of help with the kids, so why not help them help themselves?? By putting photo labels on their dressers and toy bins, they can help with putting clothes away and toys away! 
    • Pet Bowl Placemat- The dogs make a mess. Enough said. 
    • Easter Wreath- It's coming up sooner than you think! 
    • Magnet Boards- I think I will get two cookie sheets for the Leap Frog magnets that we have and then the large oil pans that Walmart sells for all of our Eric Carle magnets! The kids will love having them in their playroom, I will love not having them spread across my fridge and kitchen floor.
    • Colored Ice Cubes- can you say "fun bath!"
    • Rolled Paper Wreath- I can not wait to make this! It looks difficult, but gorgeous!

All in all, this March should be fun! I can't wait to get started with my bucket list!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com